Hello from Norman, OK!

Hello from Norman, Oklahoma!  My name is Stacy Ford and I am the Teacher-Librarian at Reagan Elementary School in Norman.  I have posted before on the blog in 2016. Those blog posts can be found here, here and here.  I was first introduced to Guided Inquiry Design in 2014 by our district library coordinator, Kathryn Lewis.  Since that time I have attended multiple Guided Inquiry Institutes in my district. I have conducted Guided Inquiry Units with 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th grades over the past four years.

This week I will be blogging about the units I have conducted this year with teaching teams in 2nd and 4th grade at Reagan Elementary.  One thing to note is that this is my first year at Reagan and of the eight of us who were instructional partners in these units only three of us had been to a Guided Inquiry Institute.  Those people include myself, a 4th grade teacher and a 2nd grade teacher. I want to point this out, because all of the teachers involved were willing to dive in and learn to swim. By the end of the units every teacher involved was able to witness the value in designing instruction a way that allows students to develop authentic questions and find the answers to them.

The focus of my blog posts will be improved questioning techniques that I used with students in order to generate more authentic questions and the implementation of instructional strategies that made the units more successful.  Please feel free to follow me on twitter @StacyFord77 and ask any questions.

-Stacy