Immersion and Exploration

Our topic (Camden, Logan, Daniel, Matthew) is electricity, we chose electricity because we want to learn more about how it impacts our world. During the Immerse stage, we skimmed some sources and made connections, one of my connections was that I have solar panels and N.A.S.A also has solar panels. During exploration, we came up with ideas to investigate further. One was static electricity.

Hi, my name is Caitlyn, and I’m in Mrs. Reinagel’s fifth-grade class. My group (me and Gabriel), chose “matter” because we both had an interest in the subject and had struggled to understand all the concepts. The first is step is open, and we’re so excited to move on to stage 2. We are still working on the second step, immerse. In immerse we found a lot of information and just looked through it so we could really get interested in the topic, and make some connections. Our connection was: all plants, and animals actually have a lot in common. For example, they all have atoms, elements, and some even have similar compounds. The third step is Explore. where we find more information, explore the topic, and get more immersed. During Explore, we try to find interesting facts we may wish to learn more about. For example: How do compounds and elements work together? Is it possible or them to “break down?” I guess we’ll look more into that tomorrow. This is also the stage where we come up with our H.O.T. questions.

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY BRILLIANT STUDENTS AS WE PROCEED. SOME GROUPS DID NOT HAVE THEIR BLOG COMPLETE IN TIME, SO THEY WILL POST IN THE MORNING.